Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Hi

Hi friends! We bought a house!

This feels like it's been a long time coming since we've been in the home buying process since January, and it's the middle of March and we just closed last Wednesday. Even though this was a lengthy home buying experience, the whole thing couldn't have gone better! Our sellers were absolutely wonderful and our realtor couldn't have been more knowledgeable, understanding or helpful. It's a shame we met our sellers as they were leaving the state because they were just too kind. They really spoiled us!

I started this blog to share what we're up to! The house was great to begin with--- the structure itself was in perfect condition, and the layout spacious. The colors in the house were nice earthy tones but unfortunately most of them didn't match our furniture or the decorations we already have. I had a much easier time persuading Chance to buy me a few cans of paint than I did trying to get him to buy me new furniture and decorations, so paint was what we landed on.

My favorite part of the whole house is the back yard. We're on almost an acre. We have a few deer that come to visit every day, a scurry (and that's the technical term, my friends!) of squirrels and apparently a family of fat raccoons that I have yet to meet and I'm not entirely sure that I want to….

Oh, and we're getting chickens!


Here's to a million trips to Lowe's, paint splatters, big steps and new adventures!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah!!! I am sooo excited for you! I can't wait to see your house! You must post a house tour! Having chickens will be fun too!

    Emily @ houseandhone.com

    ReplyDelete