Sunday, July 27, 2014

Jamberry Nails

A few weeks ago one of my friends on White Walls asked me if I would try Jamberry Nails to see how I liked them. I had already had a sample sheet sent to me during a Jamberry party a friend hosted online, but of course, my three-year-old ran off with it and it disappeared forever.

I had recently had shellac put on and just like acrylic nails, they would grind my already thin brittle nails down. I don't mind acrylic nails, but the upkeep is pricy, and after about three fills they always recommended that I get a new set put on, which was even more expensive! Shellac isn't the worst thing in the world, but it's not very cheap either and finding the time to make it to the nail salon… Well, it just doesn't happen very often.

When I was asked to do a free trial I eagerly accepted. The sheet came in the mail quickly and that night I tried one! All I needed was some scissors and a blow dryer and I was ready to go. I matched the wrap to one of my nails, cut it, heated it with my blow dryer and pressed it on. Seriously so easy. I painted the rest of my nails and waited for these things to fall off.  The wraps were thin, and the application seemed too easy. I'll be honest and say that I didn't have much confidence in Jamberry. When I get acrylic they fall off and don't even get me started on a manicure. It doesn't matter what nail polish I use, you can bet your bottom dollar that it will be chipped the very next day. I don't know if it's because I do a lot of painting, gardening and outside work but I may as well just burn our hard earned money. I imagined Jamberry nails would be off within a few days.

But I was wrong.

I did my typical DIYing. I rummaged through bins of antiques and junk at junk shops. I did dishes, gardened, played with my son, cooked, cleaned and guess what? The Jamberry Nails looked like I had just put them on! The nail polish had cracked, and chipped, but my nail wrap was absolutely perfect. I was shocked! For two weeks I kept this one wrap on and it didn't so much as peel up on the side. You can imagine my surprise after years of chipped nails. I'm a changed woman, and will be a Jamberry customer from here on out. My favorite part is that I can get a professional-look for a fraction of the cost without damaging my nails in a matter of minutes. No chipping, no smearing or ruined manicures, and no waiting for paint to dry. Oh! And no stinky nail polish smell. I may never paint my nails again--- I haven't decided.

If you haven't tried them yet you really ought to! It's worth a try for sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment